Some articles on bill, bills:
... The United States five-dollar bill or fiver ($5) is a denomination of United States currency ... The current $5 bill features U.S ... All $5 bills issued today are Federal Reserve Notes ...
... On the back of the bill, a larger, purple numeral "5" appears in the lower right corner to help those with visual impairments to distinguish the denomination ... left of the portrait on the front of the bill and to the right of the Lincoln Memorial vignette on the back ... form a "EURion constellation" to prevent photocopying of the bill ...
... An omnibus spending bill is a bill that sets the budget of many departments of the United States government at once ... Every year, Congress must pass bills that appropriate money for all discretionary government spending ... Generally, one bill is passed for each sub-committee of the U.S ...
... Bill the Goat, mascot of the US Naval Academy Bill the Pony, a pony appearing in The Lord of the Rings novel Bill Ferny, the previous owner of the ... Bill, claymation character from Saturday Night Live ...
... Microprinting The redesigned $5 bill features microprinting, which is the engraving of tiny text, on the front of the bill in three areas the words “FIVE DOLLARS” can be found repeated ... On the back of the bill the words “USA FIVE” appear along one edge of the large purple "5" ...
More definitions of "bill":
- (noun): A sign posted in a public place as an advertisement.
Synonyms: poster, posting, placard, notice, card
- (noun): An advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution.
Synonyms: circular, handbill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway
- (noun): A list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare).
- (verb): Advertise especially by posters or placards.
Example: "He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
- (noun): A statute in draft before it becomes law.
Example: "They held a public hearing on the bill"
- (noun): An itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered.
Example: "He paid his bill and left"
Synonyms: account, invoice
- (noun): The entertainment offered at a public presentation.
- (noun): A long-handled saw with a curved blade.
Example: "He used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
- (verb): Publicize or announce by placards.
- (noun): A piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank).
Synonyms: note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback
- (verb): Demand payment.
Famous quotes containing the word bill:
“As for farming, I am convinced that my genius dates from an older era than the agricultural. I would at least strike my spade into the earth with such careless freedom but accuracy as the woodpecker his bill into a tree.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“One could see that what you are writing was that todays meeting with President Bill Clinton was going to be a disaster. Now for the first time, I can tell you that youre a disaster.”
—Boris Yeltsin (b.1931)