Communities and Locations in Union Vale
- Camby – A location in the northeast part of the town.
- Chestnut Ridge – A location at the east town line.
- Clove – A hamlet near the town center.
- Clove Mountain – An elevation west of Clove village.
- Crouses Store – A location in the southwest part of the town.
- Lagrangeville– A hamlet in the southwestern corner of the town that Union Vale shares with the towns of Lagrange and Beekman.
- Hoxie Corner – A location southwest of Verblank.
- North Clove – A location northeast of Clove.
- Pleasant Ridge – A location in the southeast part of the town.
- Verbank – A hamlet near the north town line.
- Verbank Village – A hamlet west of Verbank.
- Oswego - A former hamlet, later a ghost town, in the northwestern part of the town, north of LaGarngeville and south of Verbank, now part of the hamlet of Moores Mills, shared with the town of LaGrange. A historic marker set of the state government marks the spot of the former hamlet. The Oswego Meeting House and Friends' Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
Read more about this topic: Union Vale, New York
Famous quotes containing the words vale, union and/or communities:
“In the vale of restless mind
I sought in mountain and in mead,
Trusting a true love for to find.”
—Unknown. Quia Amore Langueo (l. 13)
“If the union of these States, and the liberties of this people, shall be lost, it is but little to any one man of fifty-two years of age, but a great deal to the thirty millions of people who inhabit these United States, and to their posterity in all coming time.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“The horror of class stratification, racism, and prejudice is that some people begin to believe that the security of their families and communities depends on the oppression of others, that for some to have good lives there must be others whose lives are truncated and brutal.”
—Dorothy Allison (b. 1949)