Trinity House

Coordinates: 51°30′36″N 0°04′37″W / 51.51°N 0.077°W / 51.51; -0.077

The Corporation of Trinity House of Deptford Strond, known as Trinity House, is the official General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, and other British territorial waters, with the exception of Scotland, the Isle of Man, and Northern Ireland. It is responsible for the provision and maintenance of navigational aids, such as lighthouses, lightvessels, buoys, and maritime radio/satellite communication systems. Trinity House is also the official deep sea pilotage authority, providing expert navigators for ships trading in Northern European waters. It is a non-departmental public body.

Read more about Trinity HouseMaster of The Corporation, Governance, Headquarters of The Corporation, History, Operational Responsibilities and Role of The Corporation, Ensign

Other articles related to "trinity house, house":

Maryport Lighthouse
... England, formerly run by the UK's General Lighthouse Authority, Trinity House ... Trinity House took charge of it in 1961. 4.7 metres tall and with a light intensity of only 120 Candelas, the new tower is one of Trinity House's smaller beacon's, but the light can be seen ...
Thomas Matthews (engineer) - Biography
... the United Kingdom's lighthouse service, Trinity House, as an assistant engineer, and succeeded Sir James Nicholas Douglass as Engineer-in-Chief when the latter retired in 1892 ... Matthews went on to design over a dozen lighthouses for Trinity House ... in 1902, it was the last rock lighthouse built by Trinity House ...
Trinity House - Ensign
... The Ensign of Trinity House is a British Red Ensign defaced with the shield of the coat of arms (a St George's Cross with a sailing ship in each quarter) ...
Penzance - History - 19th Century - 1849–1900
... The RNLI still use a boat house built on Jennings Street near the Promenade in 1884 to promote their activities ... facilities, was chosen as the western depot for Trinity House that serviced all the lighthouses and lightships from Start Point to Trevose Head ... October, 1866 adjacent to the harbour and the Buoy Store became the Trinity House National Lighthouse Museum until 2005 when Trinity House closed the museum ...
History - Casquets Lighthouses
... The lighthouses reverted back to Trinity House in 1785 ... The lighthouse complex was automated in 1990 and is monitored and controlled from the Trinity House Operations Control Centre in Harwich ...

Famous quotes containing the words house and/or trinity:

    The house had gone to bring again
    To the midnight sky a sunset glow.
    Now the chimney was all of the house that stood,
    Like a pistil after the petals go.
    Robert Frost (1874–1963)

    Nature is so perfect that the Trinity couldn’t have fashioned her any more perfect. She is an organ on which our Lord plays and the devil works the bellows.
    Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749–1832)