Territory may refer to:
- Territory (country subdivision), a non-sovereign geographic region
- States and territories of Australia, administrative subdivisions of Australia
- British Overseas Territories
- Provinces and territories of Canada, administrative subdivisions of Canada with fewer powers of self-government than provinces
- Overseas territory (France)
- Territoire de Belfort, a French département that retains its historical name from 1871–1919
- Union Territory, administrative subdivisions in India
- Territories of the United States
- Unorganized territory (in USA and Canada)
- Sales territory
- Territorial tax systems (vs. residency based or hybrid)
- Territoriality (nonverbal communication), how people use space to communicate ownership/occupancy of areas and possessions
Other articles related to "territory":
... In 1854, following the Gadsden Purchase, Sahuarita would become a part of the Territory of New Mexico, in the United States of America ... pressure and vacated the area, generally moving westward to Papago territory ... Sahuarita was a part of the Confederate Arizona Territory between 1861 and 1862 before being captured by the Union and incorporated into Arizona Territory in 1863 ...
... Powers reserved to the states No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of ...
... Geary County was formed on August 30, 1855 as an original county from open, free territory ... It was among the first 33 counties established by the territory government ... Geary, an early Governor of the Kansas Territory ...
... The Order of Polaris is given out by the Government of Yukon Territory in Canada for great service to the territory service to the people of the territory unique culture The Order of Polaris ... medal and scroll were presented by the Commissioner of the Yukon Territory (or designate) at a ceremony in Edmonton ...
... The Australian Capital Territory contains 8 separate protected areas with a total land area of 1,230 km² (50.59% of the territory's area) ... They are managed on territory level by Environment ACT ...
Famous quotes containing the word territory:
“When the excessively shy force themselves to be forward, they are frequently surprisingly unsubtle and overdirect and even rude: they have entered an extreme region beyond their normal personality, an area of social crime where gradations dont count; unavailable to them are the instincts and taboos that booming extroverts, who know the territory of self-advancement far better, can rely on.”
—Nicholson Baker (b. 1957)
“We found ourselves always torn between the mothers in our heads and the women we needed to become simply to stay alive.With one foot in the past and another in the future, we hobbled through first love, motherhood, marriage, divorce, careers, menopause, widowhoodnever knowing what or who we were supposed to be, staking out new emotional territory at every turnlike pioneers.”
—Erica Jong (20th century)
“Size is not grandeur, and territory does not make a nation.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)