Swyncombe

Swyncombe is a hamlet and civil parish about 4.5 miles (7.2 km) east of Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England. Swyncombe's toponym derives from the Old English words Swin for wild boar and combe for valley or hollow.

Swyncombe today consists almost entirely of its Church of England parish church of Saint Botolph, the former rectory and Swyncombe House.

St. Botolph's was built during the early Norman period of flint and stone. The Gothic Revival architect Benjamin Ferrey heavily restored the building in 1850. The church follows traditional English ecclesiastical design with a nave and chancel. The altar is set in an apse, in a rather remote setting. The nave windows are single light lancets, the southern most being original. The font possibly predates the building, but its cover and the rood screen with loft date from early in the 20th century. During the 19th century restoration, medieval wall paintings were found and repainted. St. Botolph's parish is now a member of the Benefice of Icknield.

The Jacobethan manor, Swyncombe House, was built in 1840 to replace an early 16th-century manor house. The rectory was built in a neoclassical style in 1803 by Daniel Harris, who at the time was governor of Oxford Castle and also practiced as a building contractor, engineer and architect.