Operation or Operations may refer to:
- Scientific operation
- Surgery, or operation
- An operation in mathematics:
- Graph operations
- Unary operation
- Binary operation
- Operations research
- In language, an operation is a word which represents a function (or instruction), rather than a term or name
- In computer science:
- an operation is performed on the basis of an instruction
- Modulo operation
- In military and intelligence:
- Military operation, a military action (usually in a military campaign) using deployed forces
- Operations (military staff), staff involved in planning operations
- Combined operations, operations by forces of two or more allied nations
- Operations room, the tactical center providing processed information for command and control of an area of operations
- Special operations, military operations that are unconventional
- Covert operation, an operation which conceals the identity of the sponsor
- Clandestine operation, an intelligence or military operation carried out so that the operation goes unnoticed
- Black operation, an operation that may be outside of standard military protocol or against the law.
- Sting operation, an operation designed to catch a person committing a crime, by means of deception
- Business operations
- Operations management
- Manufacturing operations
- Unit operation, a basic step in a chemical engineering process
- Rail transport operations, the control of a rail system
- Operations support system used in the telecommunications industry
- Operation of law, a legal term that indicates that a right or liability has been created for a party
- Anomalous operation, in parapsychology, a term describing a broad category of purported paranormal effects
- Operation (game), a battery-operated game of physical skill
Other articles related to "operation":
... World War II Korean War Vietnam War Operation Desert Shield Operation Desert Storm Operation Iraqi Freedom Operation Enduring Freedom ...
... It is also commonly called a "UNE" for Unbundled Network Element, in the USA ... It has started making a comeback in the US in 2004 when Qwest started offering it, closely followed by Speakeasy ...
... Sea Weserübung ("Exercise Weser") (1940) – invasion of Denmark and Norway Juno (1940) – operation to disrupt Allied supplies to Norway Nordseetour (1940 ...
... In group theory, given a group G under a binary operation *, a subset H of G is called a subgroup of G if H also forms a group under the operation * ... precisely, H is a subgroup of G if the restriction of * to H x H is a group operation on H ... The group G is sometimes denoted by the ordered pair (G,*), usually to emphasize the operation * when G carries multiple algebraic or other structures ...
... Main article Funding of Hezbollah See also Operation Smokescreen Hezbollah says that the main source of its income comes from donations by Muslims ... officials have identified an illegal multimillion-dollar cigarette-smuggling fund raising operation and a drug smuggling operation ...
Famous quotes containing the word operation:
“It requires a surgical operation to get a joke well into a Scotch understanding. The only idea of wit, or rather that inferior variety of the electric talent which prevails occasionally in the North, and which, under the name of Wut, is so infinitely distressing to people of good taste, is laughing immoderately at stated intervals.”
—Sydney Smith (17711845)