Displays and Equipment
- Weapon mount, equipment used to secure an armament
- A fixed point for attaching equipment, such as a hardpoint on an airframe
- Hanging scroll for mounting paintings
- The display of an item on a heavy backing such as foamcore
- Physically attaching a picture or a painting on to a support followed by framing with a picture frame.
- Pinning up biological specimen on a heavy backing in a stretched stable position for ease of dissecting or display.
- Preservation methods used for display e.g. in a museum of fixed dead biological specimen which can be classified into wet or dry methods.
- Preparing dead animals for display in taxidermy
- Mounting a coverslip on a specimen on a microscopic slide.
- Telescope mount, a device used to support a telescope
- Lens mount, an interface used to fix a lens to a camera
Read more about this topic: Mount
Other articles related to "displays and, displays, display":
... in Volume (name) SD A Conference Chairs 1990 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Santa Clara 1256 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications John O ... Fisher 1991 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications II San Jose 1457 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications II John O ... Fisher 1992 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications III San Jose 1669 Stereoscopic Displays and Applications III John O ...
... Future displays exhibited from 2011 to 2013 by Samsung have shown flexible, 3D, unbreakable, transparent Super AMOLED Plus displays using very high resolutions ... So far, Samsung plans on branding the newer displays as Youm ... Also planned for the future are 3D stereoscopic displays that use eye tracking (via stereoscopic front-facing cameras) to provide full resolution 3D visuals ...
... Both spiders and scorpions are venomous, so their threat displays can be considered generally aposematic ... the sounds made by a scorpion, there is reason to describe the display as deimatic ... make use of a variety of different threat displays ...
... The company's head mounted display products fall into two categories 1 ... Tiled-display products which use a multi-lens system to blend together multiple micro-displays ... This approach allows to create head mounted displays that have more pixels than products that use a single micro-display ...
... as a leader in panoramic virtual reality displays, also known as head-mounted displays ... In contrast to most other head-mounted displays that use a single display element for each eye, Sensics often combines multiple displays to form an image that has unusually ...
Famous quotes containing the words equipment and/or displays:
“Dr. Scofields equipment, which you have just seen, radiated waves direct to Professor Houghlands laboratory. When these waves came in contact with those the professors equipment was radiating, they created the interstellar frequency, which is the death ray.”
—Joseph ODonnell, and Clifford Sanforth. Arthur Perry (Bela Lugosi)
“Adults understandably assume that the level of verbal proficiency a five-year-old displays represents his level of proficiency in all areas of functioningif he talks like an adult, he must think and feel like one. However, five-year-olds,... belie the promise of adult-like behavior with their child-like, impulsive actions.”
—Dorothy H. Cohen (20th century)