A limit can be:
- Limit (mathematics):
- Limit of a function
- Limit of a sequence
- One-sided limit
- Limit superior and limit inferior
- Limit of a net
- Limit point
- Limit (category theory)
- Direct limit and Inverse limit
- A constraint (mathematical, physical, economical, legal, etc.) in the form of an inequality, such as:
- Chandrasekhar limit
- Greisen–Zatsepin–Kuzmin limit
- Budget constraint
- Speed limit
- Age of consent
- An extreme value or boundary, such as:
- The high-frequency limit of the hearing range
- A limit order is a type of order to buy a security at no more (or sell at no less) than a specific price on an exchange.
- Other uses, such as:
- The Limit, a 1980s band
- Limit (music), a way to characterize harmony
- Limits (BDSM) are activities that a partner feels strongly about, and to which special attention must be paid.
- limits.h, the header of a general purpose standard library of the C programming language
- Els Límits, a village in the municipality of La Jonquera, Catalonia (Spain)
- Limit, a manga by Keiko Suenobu
Other articles related to "limit":
... A limit ordinal is an ordinal number which is neither zero nor a successor ordinal ... Another way of defining a limit ordinal is to say that λ is a limit ordinal if and only if There is an ordinal less than λ and whenever β is an ordinal less ... ω, ω+1 ω is a limit ordinal because for any smaller ordinal (in this example, a natural number) we can find another ordinal (natural number) larger than it, but still less than ω ...
... Men Nguyen $120,600 Tom McEvoy $1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em Buddy Bonnecaze $115,800 Jimmy Athanas $1,500 Razz Lamar Hampton $80,400 Men Nguyen $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Eli Balas $122,400 Marlon De Los Santos $1,500 No ...
... Year Tournament Prize (US$) 1986 $1,500 No Limit Hold'em $165,000 1992 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship $1,000,000 1993 $2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em $114,000 ...
1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Joe Becker $119,400 Mel Judah $2,500 No Limit Hold'em Doyle Brunson $208,000 Dan Stashkiw $1,500 No Limit Hold'em Brent Carter $166,800 O'Neil Longson ... Pardey $133,000 Don Williams $5,000 No Limit Deuce to Seven Draw John Spadavecchia $58,500 Dewey Tomko $2,500 Limit Hold'em Ron Stanley $203,000 Stavros ...
... No Limit can refer to In music No Limit Records, a record label founded by business mogul Master P No Limit (Art Pepper album), a 1976 jazz album by saxophonist Art Pepper No ... In film and television No Limit (1931 film), starring Clara Bow No Limit (1935 film), a comedy about the Isle of Man TT Race, starring George Formby and Florence Desmond No Limit (2 ...
Famous quotes containing the word limit:
“... there are two types of happiness and I have chosen that of the murderers. For I am happy. There was a time when I thought I had reached the limit of distress. Beyond that limit, there is a sterile and magnificent happiness.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)
“Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?”
—Bible: Hebrew, Job 11:7.
“We live in oppressive times. We have, as a nation, become our own thought police; but instead of calling the process by which we limit our expression of dissent and wonder censorship, we call it concern for commercial viability.”
—David Mamet (b. 1947)