Franklinford

Some articles on franklinford:

Dja Dja Wurrung - History - Impact of Disease
... When several Dja Dja Wurrung died on the reserve at Franklinford in 1841, many of them temporarily abandoned the place ... A number of deaths and illnesses among the whites working at Franklinford in 1847-48 also caused many Dja Dja Wurrung to leave on the belief that the ground at Franklinford was "malignant" ...
Franklinford, Victoria - History - Franklinford Common School
... Franklinford Common School was built in the mid-1860s, with the Franklinford Hall listed on the Victorian Heritage list, as one of the few schools of its kind still surviving in its ... Franklinford Post Office opened on 15 February 1859 and closed in 1969 ...
Dja Dja Wurrung - History - Resettlement
... An investigation into the conditions at Franklinford in February 1864 by Coranderrk superintendent John Green and Guardian of the Aborigines William Thomas found the ... Dja Dja Wurrung people at Franklinford were forced to re-settle at Coranderrk station on the land of the Wurundjeri ... Aunty Susan Rankin, a Dja Dja Wurrung elder peacefully reoccupied crown land at Franklinford in central Victoria, calling her campsite the Going Home Camp ...
Edward Stone Parker - Assistant Protector
... as the Loddon Aboriginal Protectorate Station at Franklinford, and was known to the Dja Dja Wurrung as Lalgambook ... Franklinford provided a very important focus for the Dja Dja Wurrung during the 1840s where they received a measure of protection and rations, but they continued with their traditional ... At times over 200 aborigines congregated at Franklinford ...