- Real Madrid has been the most successful team, having won the competition a record eight times.
- Panathinaikos is the most successful team since the Euroleague Final Four system introduction, having won 6 out of 25 Final Fours.
- Athens is the only city, from which seven different clubs Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, AEK, Panellinios, Peristeri, Panionios, Maroussi have participated in the Euroleague.
- The highest attendance ever recorded in Euroleague is 22,567, which filled Belgrade Arena on March 5, 2009 for a 2008–09 Top 16 match between Partizan Belgrade and Panathinaikos. The previous record was 18,500 fans, achieved at a Panathinaikos home match at the Olympic Indoor Hall, Athens, against TAU Cerámica on April 12, 2006, for the 2005–06 third quarterfinal playoff game.
- Although Israel is located in the Middle East, its teams play in the Euroleague, as its national federation is a member of FIBA Europe and its top professional league is a member of ULEB. (Similarly, the Israel Football Association is a member of UEFA, enabling its national team and clubs to play in UEFA competitions.)
- In the small area of less than 40 km² in the northern metropolitan area of Milan, there are 3 clubs that have won a total of 10 European Champions' Cups and played a total of 16 finals: Pallacanestro Cantù, Pallacanestro Varese, and Olimpia Milano.
- Record score for a final game was achieved in the 2004 finals in Tel Aviv, where home club Maccabi Tel Aviv defeated Skipper Bologna by a score of 118–74 (44 point difference).
Read more about this topic: Euroleague Basketball
Other articles related to "record, records":
... Michael will now record for the new label DreamWorks Records ... one of the best-selling independent records of all time ... The official end of Sarah Records is marked with a farewell party featuring live sets by many of the label's acts ...
... Make Better Love Split CD with In Ink Please (Fall Records 2004) Zurich mini-LP (Fall Records 2004) Bright Teeth EP (Fall Records 2008) iTunes only ...
... 1985 - Ostinato - (Splasc(h) Records) 1986 - Inner Voices feat ... David Liebman - (Splasc(h) Records) 1987 - Mamut - (Splasc(h) Records) 1988 - Qvarto - (Splasc(h) Records) 1989 - AA.VV ... (Fresu 5th) - Top jazz from Italy (Yvp) 1990 - Live in Montpellier - (Splasc(h) Records) 1991 - Ossi Di Seppia feat ...
27 - Time Warner agrees to sell back its 50 percent share of Interscope Records ... deal with Knight's Death Row Records. 23 - Def Leppard enters the Guinness Book of World Records by performing three shows in three continents in the same day, playing Tangier, Morocco, London, England and ...
... Lantern (1996) Scarab (1997) Imitation of Love (Goodfellow Records, 1998) No Blood, No Alter Now (Goodlife Recordings, 1999) Heaven and Hell (Triple Crown ...
Famous quotes containing the word records:
“What a wonderful faculty is memory!the most mysterious and inexplicable in the great riddle of life; that plastic tablet on which the Almighty registers with unerring fidelity the records of being, making it the depository of all our words, thoughts and deedsthis faithful witness against us for good or evil.”
—Susanna Moodie (18031885)
“My confessions are shameless. I confess, but do not repent. The fact is, my confessions are prompted, not by ethical motives, but intellectual. The confessions are to me the interesting records of a self-investigator.”
—W.N.P. Barbellion (18891919)
“Better the rudest work that tells a story or records a fact, than the richest without meaning.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)