Entrance generally refers to the place of entering like a gate or door, or the permission to do so.
Entrance may also refer to:
- Entrance (album), a 1970 album by Edgar Winter.
- Entrance (display manager), a login manager for the X window manager.
- Entrance (Liturgical), a kind of liturgical procession in the Eastern Orthodox tradition
- Entrance (musician), born Guy Blakeslee
- Making an entrance, a theatrical term for the appearance of a character on screen or stage
- Admission to an event or establishment
- The Entrance, New South Wales, a suburb on the Central Coast of Australia
- "Entrance" (Dimmu Borgir song), from the 1997 album Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
- Entry (cards), a card that wins a trick to which another player made the lead, as in the card game contract bridge
- N-Trance, a British electronic music group formed in 1990
- University and college admissions
Other articles related to "entrance, entrances":
... A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 1, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins ... A small coin-only Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 2, as well as at the entrance to platform 1 ...
... Front Entrance Front Entrance Sign Outside the Compass Rose Kermit Weeks' Message to Guests Main Lobby Attraction Entrance Maintenance Hangar Fantasy of ...
... Dilli Haat is open to public, 10.30 am to 09.00 pm ... seven days a week, at a nominal entrance fee, Rs ...
... The National Higher Education Entrance Examination (or gaokao) is an academic examination held annually in the mainland of the People's Republic of China ... This examination is a prerequisite for entrance into almost all higher education institutions at the undergraduate level. 8.8 million of them (93%) are scheduled to take the national entrance exam 27,600 (0.28%) have been exempted from standardized exams (保送) due to exceptional or special talent ...
... The Bent Pyramid has two entrances, one fairly low down on the north side, to which a substantial wooden stairway has been built for the convenience ... The second entrance is high on the west face of the pyramid ... Each entrance leads to a chamber with a high, corbelled roof the northern entrance leads to a chamber that is below ground level, the western to a chamber built in the body of the pyramid itself ...
Famous quotes containing the word entrance:
“Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 21:9.
Crowds at Jesus entrance into Jerusalem.
“Love bade me welcome: yet my soul drew back,
Guilty of dust and sin.
But quick-eyed Love, observing me grow slack
From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning,
If I lacked any thing.”
—George Herbert (15931633)
“The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)