Associate may refer to:
- A business valuation concept.
- A title used by some companies instead of employee.
- A title used to signify an independent (often self-employed) person working as if directly employed by the company of which they are an associate. Such a person may be an associate of more than one company.
- Associate, to form an association or connection between two or more concepts in the mind or imagination.
- Conversely, to disassociate, is to disconnect those associations in your mind and distance yourself from certain thoughts or ideas.
- Associate, a person who has some dealings with another, possibly a friend. Often used for business partners.
- Associate, a person who is in league with the Mafia but is not treated as a full member, e.g. a corrupt official.
- Associate attorney, an employee lawyer in a traditional United States law firm.
- Associate Justice, a member of a judicial panel who is not the Chief Justice.
- Judge's associate: an assistant to a Judge in an Australian Court (akin to a Judge's clerk in an American court).
- Research associate
- Associate's degree, a two-year educational degree.
- Associate company, an accounting and business valuation concept.
- Associate (ring theory), a mathematical concept.
- Associate member Russian: член-корреспондент (chlen-korrespondent)
- The Associate, a 1996 film starring Whoopi Goldberg.
- The Associate (soundtrack), a 1996 original soundtrack album
- The Associate, a 2009 novel by John Grisham.
Other articles related to "associate":
... He was a Visiting Associate from 1971 to 1973, a Senior Research Associate from 1973 to 1981 and Distinguished Carnegie Senior Research Associate from 1981 to 1999 ... In 1999 he became Distinguished Carnegie Senior Research Associate in Biology, Emeritus, at Caltech ...
... CCCUA offers both the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, which can be credited toward the first two years of a four-year degree program ... The Associate of Science degree is offered for mathematics, science, computer science, or agriculture, of which 8–9 hours must be in a specific field ... CCCUA also offers the Associate of Arts Teaching degree in the Middle School area (language arts and math/science), an Associate of General Studies degree (for students needing a two-year degree but ...
... College is a 112-year old for-profit private college offering associate's and bachelor's degrees at 22 campuses in Minnesota, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and Wisconsin ... online classes leading to Bachelor of Science (BS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS), and Associate of Science (AS) degrees in career-focused areas ...
... Barbara van Schewick – CIS Faculty Director Associate Professor of Law and (by courtesy) Electrical Engineering Elaine Adolfo - CIS Associate ... Ahrens – Associate Director, Fair Use Project Ryan Calo – Director for Privacy and Robotics ...
... Simulation and Game Programming - Associate's/Bachelor's Database Programming - Associate's/Bachelor's Electronics Engineering - Associate's/Bachelor's Healthcare IT - Associate's ...
Famous quotes containing the word associate:
“I know no other way to associate with great tasks than as play: as a sign of greatness, this is an essential presupposition.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“To associate with other like-minded people in small, purposeful groups is for the great majority of men and women a source of profound psychological satisfaction. Exclusiveness will add to the pleasure of being several, but at one; and secrecy will intensify it almost to ecstasy.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“Make no friends with those given to anger, and do not associate with hotheads, or you may learn their ways and entangle yourself in a snare.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 22:24-25.