Style may refer to:
- Style (fiction), an aspect of literary composition
- Style (visual arts), in art and painting, either the aesthetic values followed in choosing what to paint (and how) or to the physical techniques employed
- Architectural style
- Design, the process of creating something
- Fashion, a prevailing mode of expression, e.g., clothing
- Format, various terms that refer to the style of different things
- Genre, a loose set of criteria for a category or composition
- Human physical appearance
Style, in specific fields, may also refer to:
- In typeface, one of the three traditional design features along with size and weight
- Style (botany), a stalk structure in female flower parts
- Style (manner of address), titles or honorifics, including Chinese courtesy names
Other articles related to "style":
... The Badagutittu style, as its name indicates, is prevalent in Northern parts of South Canara, that is, from Padubidri to Byndoor and North Kanara District ... The Badagutittu style was popularized by Shivram Karanth's Yakshagana Mandira at Saligrama village in Dakshina Kannada as a shorter, more modern form of ... Yakshagana troupe, Idagunji Mahaganapathi Yakshagana Mandali is an exponent of this style of Yakshagana ...
... Johnson's boxing style was very distinctive ... Johnson's style was very effective, but it was criticized in the press as being cowardly and devious ...
... His distinctive style of painting, in which he used watercolour technique with oil paints, created lightness, fluency, and ephemeral atmospheric effects ... A prime example of his mature style can be seen in Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway, where the objects are barely recognizable ... Physician of Bedlam, was a significant influence on Turner's style ...
... given place will be influenced by the native style of food there ... The origin of "Buddhist food" as a distinct sub-style of cuisine is tied to monasteries, where one member of the community would have the duty of being the head cook and supplying meals that paid respect to the ... A more recent version, more Chinese in style, is prepared by the Ōbaku school of zen, and known as fucha ryōri (普茶料理?) this is served at the head temple of Manpuku-ji, as well as various subtemples ...
... In the beginning, Yvon Deschamps' never-named "character" was distinguished by his spectacular naïvete, which served as a vehicle for Deschamps to tackle delicate subjects such as racism ... In Nigger Black, for instance, the character recalled boyhood surprise upon learning that "Nègres" were no more nor less than human beings like him, neither better nor worse Us, we had some on our street they lived in the same houses we did, went to the same schools ...
Famous quotes containing the word style:
“A church that can never have done with excommunicating Christ while it exists! Away with your broad and flat churches, and your narrow and tall churches! Take a step forward, and invent a new style of out-houses. Invent a salt that will save you, and defend our nostrils.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Oh, never mind the fashion. When one has a style of ones own, it is always twenty times better.”
—Margaret Oliphant (18281897)
“A man is free to go up as high as he can reach up to; but I, with all my style and pep, cant get a man my equal because a girl is always judged by her mother.”
—Anzia Yezierska (c. 18811970)