Awards and Honorable Mentions
- Bhagwan Mahavir Foundation Award (1996).
- Dr. Ambedkar National Award (1996).
- Dr. Bhawar Singh Porte Tribal Service Award (1997–98).
- In 1998 the Mission was awarded the Indian government's prestigious Gandhi Peace Prize.
- Shahid Vir Narayan Singh Award (2001).
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla Award (2002).
- National Communal Harmony Award (2005).
- The Ramakrishna Mission was selected for an honorary mention of the UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Prize for Promotion of Tolerance and Non violence 2002.
- The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama of Chhattisgarh's Narainpur was jointly selected for the 25th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the year 2009 with musician A.R.Rehman for their services in promoting and preserving national integration.
In a speech made in 1993, Federico Mayor, Director-General of UNESCO, stated:
I am indeed struck by the similarity of the constitution of the Ramakrishna Mission which Vivekananda established as early as 1897 with that of UNESCO drawn up in 1945. Both place the human being at the center of their efforts aimed at development. Both place tolerance at the top of the agenda for building peace and democracy. Both recognize the variety of human cultures and societies as an essential aspect of the common heritage.
Read more about this topic: Ramakrishna Mission
Other articles related to "awards and honorable mentions, honorable mention":
1957 - Honorable Mention at the San Paulo Biennial Exhibion, Brazil 1961 - National prize for drawing, Caracas 1962 - Puebla de Bolivar prize Antonio Esteban Frias prize 1985 ...
Famous quotes containing the word honorable:
“Martyrs have harmed the truth.... Even today it only takes the crudest sort of persecution to give an otherwise inherently indifferent sectarianism an honorable name.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)