Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... as one of the halls of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in the work ...
... one was hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... shots in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... peccadillo is that a shot is a visit-ending (but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (however, if that secondary pocketing was ...
... include a project plan that identifies work to be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (also called metrics ...
... of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... work On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou gnoseos genitive case ...
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... momentum of the object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“Let nothing be called natural
In an age of bloody confusion,
Ordered disorder, planned caprice,
And dehumanized humanity, lest all things
Be held unalterable!”
—Bertolt Brecht (18981956)
“I had rather be called a journalist than an artist.”
—H.G. (Herbert George)
“In nature theres no blemish but the mind;
None can be called deformed but the unkind.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)