Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "call":
... may have the phone company's operator ask the call recipient if the recipient is willing to make payment for the call this is known as "reversing the charges", "reverse charged call" or a "col ... It is also possible to place a call to a phone booth if the intended recipient is known to be waiting at the booth, however not all phone booths allow incoming ...
... revised or updated but for some reason the author or publisher does not want to call it the n+1th edition (where n = previous edition number) ... Conversely, they may decide to call a version that is really not very different a "new edition" (n+1th) ... This is analogous to the way that software publishers may call one update "version 3.7" but call the next update "version 4" instead of "version 3.8" ...
... In financial mathematics, put–call parity defines a relationship between the price of a European call option and European put option in a ... Put–call parity requires minimal assumptions and thus does not require assumptions such as those of Black–Scholes or other commonly used financial models ...
... Call (band) Call, Texas, a community in the southern United States. ...
... If a caller in the USA or Canada wants to call the Mayor of Dunedin, New Zealand, they would dial 477. 4000 ... The generic international call prefix for NANPA countries is 011, then the country code for New Zealand is 64, the area code for Dunedin is 3, and the local ... If a caller in Japan wants to call the same number, they would instead dial 477. 4000 ...
Famous quotes containing the word call:
“The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Whom do you call bad?Those who always want to induce shame.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“So that if you would form a just judgment of what is of infinite importance to you not to be misled in,namely, in what degree of real merit you stand ... call in religion and morality.Look,What is written in the law of God?How readest thou?Consult calm reason and the unchangeable obligations of justice and truth;Mwhat say they?”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)