American Chinese may refer to:
- Sino-American relations, the relations between mainland China and the United States
- Chinese American, US citizens/residents of Chinese origin or descent
- Americans in China, especially those who participated in the building of Communism, such as:
- Ma Haide (George Hatem) (1910–1988), formerly George Hatem, a doctor and public health official
- Joan Hinton (a former nuclear physicist) and her husband Erwin Engst, who worked in agriculture near Beijing and made significant contributions to the dairy industry
- Sidney Rittenberg, an interpreter, scholar, and former member of the Communist Party of China, who eventually returned to the United States
- Sidney Shapiro, translator of the Chinese classic Water Margin
- Persons of mixed "American" (usually meaning White American) and Chinese descent; see:
- Eurasian (mixed ancestry), people of mixed Asian and European ancestry
Other articles related to "american, american chinese, chinese":
... Fédération Cynologique Internationale American Kennel Club Australian National Kennel Council Canadian Kennel Club The Kennel Club New Zealand ... Companion Dog Breed Origin Fédération Cynologique Internationale American Kennel Club Australian National Kennel Council Canadian Kennel Club The Kennel Club New Zealand Kennel Club United Kennel Club ...
... Dishes that often appear on American Chinese restaurant menus include Almond chicken - chicken breaded in batter containing ground almonds, fried and served with almonds and onions General Tso's Chicken – chunks ... Chinese chicken salad – it usually contains sliced and/or shredded chicken, uncooked leafy greens, crispy noodles (or fried wonton skins) and sesame dressing ... Chop suey – connotes "assorted pieces" in Chinese ...
... In American Chinese cuisine, the mein gon pieces are generally sprinkled into chicken chow mein, and then served together ... English name referring to it as a noodle, it is not actually classified as a form of Chinese noodle ... It can also be crumbled and sprinkled onto American Chinese salad dishes, such as Chinese chicken salad, in a manner similar to croutons ...
... It is sometimes served as the penultimate dish in Chinese banquets (just before dessert) ... Fried rice is a common staple in American Chinese cuisine, especially in the form sold as fast food ... The most common form of American Chinese fried rice consists of some mixture of eggs, scallions, and vegetables, with chopped meat added at the customer's discretion, and usually flavored with soy sauce ...
Famous quotes containing the word american:
“An American cannot converse, but he can discuss, and his talk falls into a dissertation. He speaks to you as if he was addressing a meeting; and if he should chance to become warm in the discussion, he will say Gentlemen to the person with whom he is conversing.”
—Alexis de Tocqueville (18051859)